Register Your Car in Texas

Houston Auto Appraisers assists Texans with obtaining a Texas Certificate of Title and Registration of Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles and Mopeds, Commercial Vehicles, or Truck-Tractors, Semitrailers, and Truck-Tractor or Commercial Motor Vehicle Combination.

If you need help titling or registering your vehicle in the State of Texas call Houston Auto Appraisers

at 1-877-845-2368

Our Services Include:

* Bonded Titles

* Certified Copy of Titles

* Auto Registrations

* License Plates & Stickers

* TX IRP – Apportioned Plates

* Combination Plates, Token Plates, Truck Plates


Junked Vehicle Title, Salvaged Vehicle Title, Flooded Vehicle Title Nondisclosures in Texas

Posted on July 26, 2012 by jacksparrow

If you are about to buy a used motor vehicle from a private party or licensed motor vehicle dealer in Texas, then you need to be smarter than the average bear!

How can you protect yourself from purchasing a used motor vehicle from a “so-called” reputable dealer who may sell you a vehicle that was previously damaged and repaired; flooded or totaled as a result of Hurricane Sandy or Hurricane Katrina?

Roy Theophilus Bent, Jr. IACP Certified Auto Appraiser, Classic Car Expert and owner of Houston Auto Appraisers

a licensed motor vehicle title service in Houston, Texas says that he has been retained and designated as the plaintiffs expert witness in 100s of cases involving Rebuilt Salvaged Titled Vehicles, Car Dealer Fraud, Seller Misrepresentation, Undisclosed Damages Deceptive Trade Practices, , and the worst of them all – the sale of a “Junked” Vehicle to a non-suspecting customer.

By definition: Junked Vehicle – A vehicle that is incapable of operation or use on the highway. A Non-repairable Vehicle Title is required to be issued when a vehicles only residual value is for scrap or used parts, current statute does not mandate a percentage of damage. A vehicle with a Non-repairable Title issued September 1, 2003, or later, cannot be rebuilt or re-titled nor can the component part displaying the vehicle identification number (VIN) for title purposes be used as a replacement part.

HERE’S THE CATCH! A vehicle with a Nonrepairable Certificate of Title issued prior to September 1, 2003, may be rebuilt and re-titled. YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY! This is the dealers’ loophole. PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 2003.

Vehicles disposed of in accordance with provisions of the abandoned motor vehicles. Chapter 683, of the Texas Transportation Code, must be disposed of as scrap or salvage only and such vehicle shall not be reconstructed, made operable, or re-titled.

If a motor vehicle dealer sells you a junked vehicle that has been repaired or reconstructed after September 1, 2003, THEN they are breaking the law and may put you or a loved one in serious harms way should the vehicle spin out of control as a result illegal repairs.

HERE’S THE CATCH! This law only applies to the State of Texas and many other states in the United States. To date, we have not seen a law indicating junked vehicles coming out of – Virginia, Wyoming, Vermont, Tennesse, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, and Alaska. Virgina. If you are a Texas resident and you are purchasing a vehicle from one of the above mentioned states, proceed with caution. Visit

and perform a VIN CHECK to see if the vehicle you are interested in buying has a Total Loss record.

Rule of Thumb before you buy your next car: ASK TO SEE THE CERTIFICATE OF TITLE.

Just learned something new? Visit

for more details on our professional Title & Registration assistance services.

Interested in becoming an auto appraiser? Visit

for more details.

Do you need a Texas Certificate of Title? Call Houston Auto Appraisers 1-877-845-2368

Title Information

Fast Title Service, Title Corrections, Title Brands, Abandoned Vehicle Title Procedures, Salvage Vehicle, Junked Vehicles, Kit Vehicles, Rebuilt Vehicles, Government Owned Cars, Buses, Antique/Classic, Motorcycles and Mopeds, Boats, Travel Trailers, Mobile Homes, Snowmobiles, Off-Road Vehicles, ATV’s / Off Highway Vehicles, Limousines / For Hire Sedans.

Proof of Ownership

Trust Documentation, New Vehicles, Out-of-State Vehicle, Vehicle Registered in a Foreign Country, Vehicle Registered by U.S. Military Authority, Vehicle Sold by U.S. Government, Repossessed Vehicle, Vehicle Sold by Trustee in Bankruptcy, Defective Title or Insufficient Evidence of Ownership, Liens, Mechanics Liens, Court Order Representation, Surety Bonds and Bonded Titles.

Transfer of Title or Interest

Transfer from a Deceased Owner, Application for Registration, Out-of-State Vehicle, Registration Fees, License Plates, Antique / Classic License Plates, Temporary Permits, Commercial Vehicles, Industrial Vehicles, Oilfield Equipment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *